Dennis W. Gray Jr., DO, MPH, MA
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Emory University School of Medicine
Emory University Hospital
1405 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Dr. Dennis W. Gray Jr. is a general anesthesiologist at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta. His clinical expertise includes general perioperative care of chronically ill adult patients. His academic and research interests include epidemiology, post-operative nausea and vomiting, neuroanesthesia, and medical volunteerism.
- Master of Public Health, Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- Master of Arts, Medical Sciences, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
Medical School: Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Pomona, CA
Internship: Saint Joseph’s Medical Center, Houston, TX
Residency: Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX
- Neuro Anesthesia
- Global Health
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts
1. Lozada, M. James DO; Gray, Dennis DO, MPH, MA; Pacheco, Luis D. MD; Peralta, Feyce MD. Letter to the Editor: Maternal Pulse Pressure and the Risk of Postepidural Complications: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2018, March. 131(3): 600-601.
2. Gonzalez, B; Guerra, C; Morris, D; Gray, D; and Venketaraman, V.. Dendritic Cells in Infectious Disease, Hypersensitivity and Autoimmunity. International Journal of Interferon, Cytokine and Mediator Research. 2010, Nov; 2010(2): 137-147.
3. Guerra C, Johal K, Morris D, Moreno S, Alvarado O, Gray D, Tanzil M, Pearce D and Venketaraman V. Control of Mycobacterium tuberculosis growth by glutathione-enhanced natural killer cells. Clinical and experimental Immunology.
4. Guerra C, Morris D, Gray D, Tanzil M, Sipin A, Kung S, Guilford F, Khasawneh F and Venketaraman V.. Adaptive immune responses against Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in healthy and HIV infected individuals. PLoS One. 2011, Dec; 6(12): e28378.
5. Guilford, T.; Morris, D.; Gray. D; and Venketaraman, V.. Atherosclerosis: pathogenesis and increased occurrence in individuals with HIV and Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. HIV/AIDS - Research and Palliative Care. 2010, Oct; 2010(2): 211-218. Cited in PubMed; PMID: PMC3218695.
6. Morris D, Khurasany M, Nyugen T, Kim J, Guilford F, Mehta R, Gray D, Saviola B and Venketaraman V. Glutathione and infection. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta-General Subjects. 2013, May; 1830(5): 3329–3349.
Peer Reviewed Book Chapter
Gray D, Saviola B, Guilford F, Khurasany M and Venketaraman V. (2013). Chapter 7: Role of Glutathione in Infection and Cardiovascular Diseases. In Gray D (Ed.), In Glutathione: Biochemistry, Mechanisms of Action and Clinical Implications. (pp. 143-164). Hauppage: Nova Publishers.
Gray D., Trinh, T., Khoury, A., Nevinson, S., Sandhya, V., Vadhera, R. (2017). Migration of epidural catheters and emergency cesarean section: A case for test dose! Poster presented at: American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) annual meeting; Boston, MA.
Gray D. (2015). The Endocannabinoid System: current knowledge and future directions. Poster presented at: American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA)/ pain medicine meeting; Miami, FL.