Gautam M. Sreeram, MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Emory University School of Medicine
Emory University Hospital
1364 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Internship: Baptist Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
Residency: Anesthesiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Fellowship: Cardiac Anesthesiology, Duke University, Durham, NC
Board Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology, AnesthesiologyBoard Certification: National Board of Echocardiography, Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
Anesthesia for ventricular assist device placement
Perioperative management of coagulation disordersAnesthesia for percutaneous aortic and mitral valve surgery
1. Tanaka KA, Eagan K, Szlam F, Ogawa S, Roback JD, Sreeram G, Guyton RA, Chen EP. Transfusion and hematologic variables after fibrinogen or platelet transfusion in valve replacement surgery: preliminary data of purified lyophilized human fibrinogen concentrate versus conventional transfusion. Transfusion 2014;54:109-18.
2. Szlam F, Sreeram G, Solomon C, Levy JH, Molinaro RJ, Tanaka KA. Elevated factor VIII enhances thrombin genertion in the presence of factor VIII-deficiency, factor XI-deficiency or fondaparinux. Thromb Res 2011:127(2):135-40.
3. Sreeram GM, Welsby IJ, Sharma AD, Phillips-Bute B, Smith PK, Slaughter TF. Infectious complications after cardiac surgery: lack of association with fresh frozen plasma and platelet transfusions. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2005;19(4):430-434.
4. Sreeram GM, Grocott HP, White WD, Newman MF, Stafford-Smith M. Transcranial doppler emboli count predicts rise in creatinine after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2004;18(5):548-551.
5. Faehnrich JA, Noone RB, White WD, Leone BJ, Hilton AK, Sreeram GM, Mark JB. Effects of positive-pressure ventilation, pericardial effusion, and cardiac tamponade on respiratory variation in transmitral flow velocities. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2003;17:45-50.
6. Sharma AD, Slaughter TF, Clements FM, Sreeram G, Newman MF, Phillips-Bute, Bredehoeft SJ, Smith PK, Stafford-Smith M. Association of leukocyte-depleted blood transfusions with infectious complications after cardiac surgery. Surgical Infections, 2002; 3: 127-133.7. Slaughter TF, Sreeram G, Sharma AD, El-Moaelem H, East CJ, Greenberg CS. Reversible shear mediated-platelet dysfunction during cardiac surgery as assessed
by the PFA-100 (Platelet Function Analyzer). Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 2001;12:85-93.
8. Kilts JD, Gerhardt MA, Richardson MD, Sreeram G, Mackensen B, Grocott HP White WD, Davis RD, Newman MF, Reves JG, Schwinn DA, Kwatra MM. B-adrenergic and several other G protein-coupled receptors in human atrial membranes activate both Gs and Gi. Circ Res 2000;87;705-9.
Review Articles/Case Reports
1. Bolinger D, Sreeram G, Duncan A, Molinaro RJ, Szalm F, Chen EP, Tanaka KA. Prophylactic use of factor IX concentrate in a Jehovah’s Witness patient. Ann Thorac Surg 2009:88(5):1666-8.
2. Sreeram GM, Sharma AD, Slaughter TF. Platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa antagonists: perioperative implications. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2001;15(2):237-40.