Julie L. Williamson, DO
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
Emory University School of Medicine
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
1405 Clifton Rd NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Dr. Julie Williamson is a pediatric anesthesiologist and intensivist in the Department of Anesthesiology at Emory University Hospital. She is the Anesthesiology Residency Program Director for Emory School of Medicine. Her clinical expertise includes pediatric critical care medicine, the anesthetic management of pediatric difficult airways, solid organ transplant patients, children with mitochondrial and metabolic disease, and medical education of residents and fellows. Her clinical research examines the resuscitation of massive hemorrhage in pediatric patients.
Medical School: The Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, Downers Grove, IL
Internship: Pediatrics: University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Residency: Pediatrics: University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Anesthesiology: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Fellowship: Pediatric Anesthesiology: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Pediatric Critical Care Medicine: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
Board Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology
American Board of Anesthesiology, Pediatric AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric anesthesiology
- Pediatric liver transplant anesthesiology
- Pediatric critical care medicine
- Medical education
- Smith M, Williamson J, Yaster M, et al. 2012. Off-Label Use of Medications in Children Undergoing Sedation and Anesthesia. Anesthesia & Analgesia 115(5) 1148-54.
- Dishon J, Lee J, Lockman J, Nemergut M, Williamson J. 2009. Pediatric anesthesia. From Johns Hopkins Anesthesiology Handbook. Philadelphia: Mosby, Elsevier Health Sciences pp 311-344.
- Williamson J. 2011. Anesthesia for the premature infant. From Manual of Clinical Anesthesiology, ed. Larry Chu and Andrea Fuller. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins pp 764-769.
- Williamson J. 2013. Pheochromocytoma. From Lockman J (Ed) Pediatric Anesthesia Board Review. Narberth, PA: Naerthwyn Press, LLC. [electronic format, no page numbers]
- Williamson J. Endocrine and metabolic issues in pediatric anesthesia. 2013. From Lockman J (Ed) Pediatric Anesthesia Board Review. Narberth, PA: Naerthwyn Press, LLC. [electronic format, no page numbers]
- Williamson J. Anesthesia for ophthalmic surgery in children. 2014 (in press). From Jaffe R (Ed) Anesthesiologist’s Manual of Surgical Procedures, 5th Edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
Manuals, Videos, Computer Programs, and Other Teaching Aids:
- Website maintenance and contributor for Division of Pediatric Anesthesia, Stanford University http://pedsanesthesia.stanford.edu/education/teaching_materials.html
Dr. Williamson is a passionate advocate for medical education. She believes that anesthesia and critical care medicine allow us to practice technologically complex medicine in a way that promotes respect and dignity for our patients.