The Department of Anesthesiology is home to three distinct Research Divisions, each with its own methodological focus, but in a united effort to expand knowledge within the biological sciences. Specific information on each of the Research Divisions can be found by clicking on the respective link found in the lefthand box. Some of the notable research capabilities within the Department include:
- High-output automated patch clamping for drug testing
- Home of the Emory Research Hemostasis and Coagulation core lab
- Expertise in large datasets for outcomes research
- Clinical trials in the perioperative period
- Use of functional MRI in evaluating chronic pain conditions
- Stem cell research
The Department of Anesthesiology has a long history of working together with government agencies, private industry, and other departments within Emory University and throughout the world. If you would like to discuss and explore potential collaborative projects, please Email Dr. Roman Sniecinski, Vice-Chair for Research, at email@example.com.