- Paul Garcia, MD was just awarded a 5 year VA Career Development Award!! The department wishes to extend a hearty congratulations to Paul on this significant achievement.
- Congratulations to Arnold Berry, MD, MPH on his selection as a charter member of the FAER Academy of Education Mentors in Anesthesiology. The Education Mentor Academy recognizes individuals who, through their activities as educators and mentors, have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of academic anesthesiologists
- Emory Research and Oral presentations given at ASA 2012 (click link)
- Congratulations to Paul Garcia who recently received a $1.5M James S McDonnell Foundation collaborative research award
- Dr Guarav Patel (Class of 2012) received the Housestaff Organization Professionalism Excellence (HOPE) Award (more)
- Two of our outstanding faculty have received important appointments within the School of Medicine by Dean Thomas Lawly. Specifically, Dr Arnold Berry has been named interim Director of the CME office and Dr Rob Harris has been named CME Liaison for the Department.
- Dr. Andrew Jenkins was recently notified of his promotion to Associate Professor with tenure effective September 1st. Please offer Andy your hearty congratulations.
- Dr. Anna Woodbury (Class of 2012) was recently awarded a very highly competitive research fellowship grant (RFG) by the Foundation for Anesthesia Education and Research (FAER)(more).
- Dr. Nina Guzzetta (Assistant Professor) was recently awarded a Pediatric Research Center Pilot Grant by CHOA at Egleston Hospital (more)
- Dr Anna Woodbury (Class of 2012) received the first place award in the original research category at the Gulf Atlantic Anesthesia Resident Research Conference (GAARRC 2012). Dr Woodbury's research was in competetion with 18 other projects from around the Gulf Atlantic Region.(more)